Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ledger Images of the Merchant William Hearne


James B. Hearn sent me a link to research about a branch of the Hearn(e) family from Maryland, researched by Jay Hearn, of Avoca, New York.

At the site, Jay documents information about Samuel Batson Hearne, born 28 Jan 1841, the son of Kendal Batson and Elizabeth (Hearn) Hearn of Littel Creek Hundred, Sussex County, Deleware. The place and timing means it is definately a descendant of William Hearne, the merchant. However, I can't quite tie them into the lines that are in Hearne History. I sent a letter to Jay for more information.

The biggest treat on the site is scanned images of the Day Book (or Ledger) of William Hearne the merchant. One of which I've linked in on the left. You'll have to visit the site to see the others.

I'll post more when I hear from Jay.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you have any images of the signature pages of William Hearne's ledger. My line goes like this:

William Hearne (the merchant)
William Hearne Jr.
John Caleb Hearne
John Harn
Caleb Harn
William Allen Harn
Grafton Duval Harn
Henry Phillip Harn
Paul Henry Harn Sr.
Paul Henry Harn Jr.
John Peter Harn (myself)

It would be great if any of these people's signatures exist.

Would also love to know anything about Charity DUVAL (wife of Caleb Harn above)or
Dorcas DAVIS (wife of John Harn above, not me!)

Brian Cragun said...

I'd love to see more about this line. I've sent information to you separately about the signatures.

Unknown said...

Hi Brian.
Recent traditional research and DNA testing has shown that my line (left in an earlier post) does NOT in fact descend from your HEARNEs on the Eastern Shore. So there appears to be no connection, after all, between my John HARN (4th on my previous list)and John HEARNE, grandson of William the Merchant. I just wanted to set the record straight!
Best wishes,
John HARN, Portland Oregon.

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com