Thursday, March 15, 2007

Rachel Drewrey Hearne and Henry C. Irby

Betty Crockford, a descendant of Rachel Drewrey Hearne and Henry C. Irby has sent information about them, and their descendants. This and supporting documentation has been integrated into the original information on page 478 of Hearne's History.

Some other notes from Betty:
A note regarding Henry C. Irby whom Rachel Drewry Hearn married in 1855 (I have a copy of their license.) Just this week I found a notation that an H. C. Irby married a P. J. Reeves in 1878 in Hopkins County, TX. If validated would be the first reference past the 1870 Texas census. Other descendants of his second marriage have run into brick walls along with me. Also note I have never found any evidence that Henry served in the Civil War, although his first cousin, also called H. C. Irby, served as a Captain from Fayette Co., Tennessee. The two are frequently confused in various databases.

There has also been confusion concerning Sallie L. Irby Hopkins' death reported as 1929 in Harris Co., TX. I obtained the death certificate for that Sally Hopkins and it is not "my" Sallie who goes missing after 1880, Lamar Co., TX.

No comments: